You may be wondering why you would need the service of a home care company – or why you couldn’t just place an ad and hire your aide yourself. The primary reasons are Security, Safety, Expertise and Convenience.
We handle the busy work, so you don’t have to worry about:
- Criminal background screens
- Driving record checks
- Careful personal & employer reference checks
- Fidelity bonding
- General and professional liability insurance
- Supervision and performance reviews
- Verification of training and certification
- Initial and ongoing on-the-job instruction
- Confirmation of U.S. employment eligibility
- State and federal tax withholding
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- State and federal unemployment taxes
- Prompt assignment of a replacement in case of an employee illness or emergency
As a growing company, we hire Home Care Aides on a regular basis. All of our home care workers are true W-2 employees for whom Ready Hands assumes all the legal obligations—and risks—of employment. We do not use independent contractors, in contrast to many other companies that provide home care in Virginia.
Our hiring process starts with a preliminary screening and completion of a detailed employment application. We maintain a large database of applicants, from which we select only the most promising individuals for further consideration. We carefully interview suitable candidates, probing for the character and personality traits necessary for top quality service.
In our many years of experience with home care since our founding in 2002, we have designed our hiring process to assure that every caregiver on our staff upholds our highest standards.