There are many options for home care assistance in northern Virginia.
Why should you choose Ready Hands?
We’re glad you asked.
We understand that seniors need consistency.
Vulnerable elderly clients don’t always do well with change. They want a relationship of trust and familiarity with their caregivers, especially when personal care is involved. The existence of dementia or cognitive impairment only makes this more important.
That’s why our model entails the assignment of one ongoing primary Home Care Aide per shift for each client, with only occasional relief–usually just every other weekend. This is true whether a client needs four hours a day or 24, live-in or live-out. Because of wage and hour laws, most other agencies choose to limit their aides to 40 hours a week or less–which means some clients must tolerate four or more caregivers in their home every week or pay a substantial premium.
At Ready Hands, you won’t experience a revolving door of different caregivers. Your loved one will get to know and feel comfortable with his or her assigned Home Care Aide. Our approach is compliant with the law while providing extra value to clients and greater fairness to our valued employees.
We base our decisions on our Core Values.
Core values help guide behavior and performance within the organization, providing a framework for making decisions. They also give employees the feeling that they are working toward common goals, and that they stand for something. Read more here.
We go above and beyond what’s required to do what is right.
- Exclusive use of W-2 employees – NO independent contractors. Why does this matter?
- We are fully licensed by the Department of Health as a provider of home care in Virginia
- We carry full insurance: fidelity bond, general AND professional liability coverage
- We require that every single Ready Hands caregiver be properly credentialed as a Certified Nurse Aide (C.N.A.).
- Our full-time supervisors are all Registered Nurses. And they’re always available to you, with 24/7 direct telephone responsiveness – no answering services here!
We provide the extras that you deserve.
Our Aides provide a wide variety of very helpful services, enthusiastically and with kindness. That’s a constant at Ready Hands. But in addition, we also provide these value-added services and more, free, to all clients, regardless of their level of need.
- Commitment to careful matching We find just the right C.N.A. aide for each client.
- Readily available RN supervisors You will enjoy FREE supervisory visits by full-time registered nurses that are directly reachable 24/7 – NO time-wasting answering service!
- No additional fees for nights or weekends, or emergency look-ins
- Thoughtful oversight for your care We provide, at no charge, individualized care plans and the Ready Hands client notebook, to help manage the care of your loved ones.
We have years of experience.
In our many years of experience with home care since our founding in 2002, we have designed our processes to assure that every caregiver on our staff upholds our highest standards.
- Diligent hiring procedures: Criminal background screens, driving record checks, personal & employer reference checks, confirmation of U.S. employment eligibility, verification of training and certifications
- Continuous staff growth & improvement: Initial and ongoing on-the-job instruction, supervision and performance reviews
- Operational procedures: General and professional liability insurance, fidelity bonding, employment taxes, state and federal unemployment taxes, worker’s compensation insurance